Welcome to my winter series where I'm sharing a new soup recipe each Sunday. I LOVE a good bowl of soup and I'm committed to sharing some of my favorite recipes as well as learning new ones. Follow along on Instagram (click the reel below to check it out).
This soup is so creamy, warm, and filling. Not only is this an easy soup to make in the Instant Pot, but it's an easy way to fill your family's bellies and make them happy!
2.5 lbs Russet Potatoes, diced (I left peels on)
1 Onion, diced
2 Cups Chicken Broth (I used Better Than Bullion)
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
8 oz. Cream Cheese
4 oz. Sharp Cheddar, shredded
1.5 Cups Heavy Cream (I used Half & Half)
1. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper to Instant Pot.
2. Set Instant Pot to high pressure, and cook for 12 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes before quick releasing.
3. Add in cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
4. Use an immersion blender, electric beater, or hand masher to blend everything together. You can make it as chunky or creamy as you’d like.
5. Serve hot with optional toppings; bacon, green beans, and cheese.
This hearty soup will fill your belly and keep you warm!
Buy all your groceries HERE from Kroger Delivery! And, there's a link to the Instant Pot, too!